Saturday, October 06, 2007

I am a bad mother, because...

... I let my son play enough Simpson's Road Rage and Hit and Run on our PlayStation 2 that his reaction upon seeing a tree the other day was, "I hope Homer doesn't crash into that tree!"

... when Scooter was saying that he wanted to go on a "special trip" today (Whole Foods didn't qualify), Trillian and I gave him a choice of going to the coffeeshop or staying home. "Coffeeshop or stay home?" we asked. His reply? "Damn!" (Even asked him to repeat it. Sure enough, that's what he was saying.)

... and after my son said that, although I did manage to tell him that was not a good word to use, I was shaking slightly from the effort of containing my laughter.

... in an effort to get my son off his favorite carbs (goldfish crackers and Cheerios)--we're working towards gluten-free, dairy-free--we're plying him with chocolate chip cookies (gluten-free, dairy-free, but still full of sugar).

8 comments:

Suz said...

I'm just impressed with Scooter, because I couldn't get around the block in Simpson's Road Rage! Obviously, he's learning something, which make you a good mom in my book. And exposure to the Simpsons just can't be bad.

Mouse said...

I should have added something another item along the lines of "because I all of this amuses me much more than it should."

I just can't bring myself to feel bad about exposing him to the Simpsons--working on his sense of humor and all. And he spends most of the time either getting us to drive or crashing the car on purpose. In Hit and Run, you can make the car explode, which tickles him to no end.

moplans said...

I was just going to say the 'bad mom' perception depends on who you are. I doubt Scooter is thinking that at all and now I see really you aren't thinking that either.
I'm kind of like that; if it amuses me how bad can it be?

let me know if that diet is helpful will you. Its something I've got on my radar (since before jennie mccarthy !)

crazymumma said...

Scooter should hang around with my girls.

Oh Gaawd and Butt are their favorite words!

Good luck cutting out teh nasty carbs. We would all be so much healthier without them.

Laural Dawn said...

Simpsons is one of the ONLY shows that we agree on as a family. My rationale is that it's good for Matt to enjoy tv with us than for us to walk away because we cannot bear to hear "swiper no swiping" again!

Good luck with the whole carbs thing - that would KILL me. Weirdly enough Matthew would be fine with it. He got some random healthy gene where he likes really healthy stuff.

Bea said...

You're trying the GF/CF diet! Hubby wants to and I'm resisting.

(And I know I've commented about this before, but it is so weird when you mention The Simpsons games because one of the few things I know about ex-husband after we split up is that he was one of the main developers on those.)

Aliki2006 said...

No, not a bad mom at all!

The "damn" comment made me laugh. Liam has never said that but Tessa, will say, "Oh, damn!" and it's all I can do to keep a straight face!

kittenpie said...

controlling the shaking laughter is one of my great challenges as a parent.