Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another to-do list

I've been mulling over a number of potential blog posts again, but find myself too tired and distracted to tackle any of them with the expectation of writing what I really want to say. I can't help but notice that several topics still remain from a list I created in August. So what's on my mind:

1) Reminiscing about my first pregnancy. This comes, of course, from my imminent venture into a second pregnancy (if I'm not already there). I know that the second pregnancy can vary widely from a first (much like the children that result), yet I can't help but compare at least a little.

2) Talking about being an atheist. I don't know that this has explicitly come up so far, but I've been pondering a post on this for a while. And of course, Bub and Pie again acts as a catalyst with a simple mention (and I don't think she even knew I was an atheist).

3) Exploring my relationship with my mother. I've referred to it before, but only cryptically. It's something I think about a lot, but impending (second) motherhood makes me examine it even more.

4) Possibly a long overdue post on the 'politics' of blogging. It's been discussed to death, covering a wide range of opinions, but I may yet weigh in.

5) Sort of connected to that, a discussion of the fact that I often forget I'm a 'different' blogger. Right, there are people who might find it hard to connect with me because of that whole lesbian thing (not to mention, atheist, liberal, and several other attributes).

The faux, or possibly real but early, pregnancy symptoms that are plaguing me now (plus the large amount of work I have for class tomorrow), however, keeps me from going any further into these topics for now.

5 comments:

metro mama said...

I'm voting for #2 (I'm an agnostic).

I'd love to hear your take on #4.

moplans said...

hmmm
I clicked on your link to b&P so I'm interested to see what you have to say about #4 & 5.
I think she hits it on the head for me in her last statement. It is really interesting to find that you like to read people then find out you differ in some big ways.
I wonder how many bloggers are declared athiests? I know one other but she is someone I met in real life first.

Bea said...

Don't worry - there are LOTS of atheists (Emily at Didn't Think I'd Turn Out this Way and lildb at i-obsess come to mind). That part isn't so much 'different' as stylish and respectable, I think.

I really hope that my list didn't make you feel alienated in any way, Mouse. You were one of the people I had in mind when I wrote that (so much the same and yet so different, and both elements are what make your blog so fascinating for me), but I thought the Myers-Briggs reference would make it clear that it wasn't any kind of covert individual reference (I forgot that the J/P thiing was such a close shave - you have a very J blogging style, neat and decisive).

I can't vote - every single item on your list intrigues me.

Sandra said...

I hope the "faux" symptoms end up being "early" symptoms.

I liked your post and would be very interested in hearing what you have to say about your entire list. I am quiet about my religious beliefs but am not surprised to know they mirror yours.

I look forward to reading more.

Mouse said...

B&P-I didn't feel at all alienated. More like amused. Having read some of your other readers, I knew I wasn't the only person you were talking about.

The atheist post will be the first one up--I've actually composed most of it in my head already. The others will trickle out over time, I'm sure.