Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Blogging and the subconscious mind

Rather than staying up late and cramming in some more studying last night, I decided to go to bed at 9 pm. My theory was that I wouldn't retain much, as tired as I was, and that a full night's sleep might mean I didn't doze off in the student lounge the next morning.

So of course my sleep was fitful and I had some truly bizarre dreams.

The one that stuck with me was very convoluted, but the core of it involved blogging. I was desperately trying to pump out post after post, each one a carefully thought out response to something I had read on another blog. What has really stuck with me was the sense of urgency that accompanied all of this. Perhaps this reflects on the fact that I've semi-composed about a dozen posts in my head but don't have the time right now to commit them to paper (or screen, as the case may be).

And then I found myself on a grassy lawn that was teeming with roosters, most of them looking bedraggled and beat up, a few of them dead. Next thing I know, a large black rooster is coming right at me. I duck, it comes back at me, and I have to squash it. Then I woke up.

Not sure what that was about.

No comments: